- Jude Stewart
- [email protected]
- Blogs, Social Media & Content Marketing
- Case Studies
- Color & Culture
- Design & Business
- Design Hotels
- Fast Company
- Financial Services
- Gagen MacDonald
- Heartbeat Ideas
- Lending Club
- Marketing + Content
- Marketing Copywriting
- Marketing Emails
- Microsite & Web Copy
- Sales Presentations
- Social Media & Content Marketing
- The Believer
- Tier One Partners
- Video Scripts Online Demos
- Visual Arts & Culture
- Yale School of Mgmt
PERKA BLOG POST: JAZZKATS CASE STUDY
Draft for review, 4.5.13
Blog post: 492 words. Email teaser blurb: 87 words.
Email teaser blurb text:
Is there any proof that mobile loyalty actually works for businesses? In addition to studies like this one by the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business, we like to share homegrown success stories by our 1500+ Perka merchants worldwide. This case study highlights Portland, OR-based Jazzkats Coffee Bar. One of Perka’s earliest merchants, Jazzkats boosted customer visit frequency and boosted sales revenue substantially, all at a very sweet ROI. Read on to learn how a smart customer loyalty program can jump-start your growth, too. Read more>>
Where’s the proof that mobile loyalty actually works for businesses? In addition to studies like this one by the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business, we like to share homegrown success stories from among our 1500+ Perka merchants worldwide. Today’s case study highlights Portland, OR-based Jazzkats Coffee Bar. One of Perka’s earliest merchants, Jazzkats used our mobile loyalty solution to move the needle successfully on several key business goals. Let’s look “under the hood” and see how a smart customer loyalty program can jump-start your growth.
This friendly neighborhood coffee shop had used paper punch cards for coffee purchases for years before teaming up with Perka. While customer usage was steady, JazzKats owner Whitney Baskins wasn’t entirely satisfied. Paper-based cards get torn or lost easily, or customers simply forget to bring them along. Baskins wanted a higher-tech solution that provided greater convenience for customers and marketing firepower for herself and her staff. She also saw some missed profit opportunities that paper-based loyalty programs couldn’t easily address, like offering incentives to boost sales in higher-priced items like sandwiches and espresso.
Jazzkats launched their Perka program in 2011 with loyalty incentives for three products: coffee, espresso and sandwiches. With multiple programs in place, JazzKats immediately saw an increase in customer visits. On average, customer visits increased from once every nine days to once every four days. Even better, many regular morning coffee drinkers started coming in for lunch.
JazzKats also managed to achieve significant revenue increases with deeper customer engagement. Customers who participated in all 3 of the offered programs generated 5x more monthly revenue than customers active in just one program.
In just one month, sandwich sales exceeded coffee sales at Jazzkats for the first time, and the additional monthly sales produced an ROI of 6x that of the free product given away as part of the loyalty program.
Perka mobile loyalty helped Jazzkats improve their business in several other ways too:
- Since Perka identifies every customer by name and status, staff members can greet regulars and VIPs warmly at the cash register, improving customer service.
- Unlike paper punchcards, Perka mobile check-ins are validated as actual sales, dramatically reducing fraud.
- Our powerful mobile specials let merchants send specials directly to customers on their phones or via Facebook and Twitter. What could be better than a loyalty program attached to your customer’s hip?
- It’s easy to customize a loyalty program tailored exactly to a business’ needs and goals. You can reward customers at different tiers, target campaigns according to specific customer buying habits, and much more. (Your Perka specialist is always happy to help you with this – just give us a call or email!)
- Plus businesses get extraordinary data-driven insights that can revolutionize their marketing efforts.
Curious to learn more? We’d be glad to help you put mobile loyalty to the test for your business – and we feel confident you’ll see very attractive results. Call us at (888) 957-3752 to get the scoop.